Working at SKAKO CONCRETE
At SKAKO CONCRETE we believe that profitability is the responsibility of everyone in the company and depends on teamwork.
Everyone in every function is encouraged to work together and share ideas on how we can do things better.
We believe anything can be achieved if you really believe in it and we will invest in your ideas to develop new products or implement working practices if they are useful and help us do things better.
Head of Project Department - SKAKO CONCRETE A/S
With direct reference to the technical director, you will be a key driver between sales, R&D, manufacturing and customers. You will be overall responsible for all of our projects from the signing of the contract to the commissioning at the customer’s site. Aside from this, you will take the managerial responsibility of the project department, with 3 senior project managers in Faaborg (Denmark) and 3 senior project/managers/engineers in Lille (France).
Your focus will be on operations, improvements, and optimization of the project execution. You will also run some projects of your own, in a relevant scale. Our corporate language is English.
Your technical insight and experience in leadership, project management and project execution makes you the key player, who ensures projects are delivered on-time and on budget, profitably and according to the specifications agreed with the customer. This way, you will be a key employee in the company and have a unique influence on the continued development of the company.
We offer you
An exciting job in an ambitious company that is market leader in its segment. The work environment is professional and the tone of communication typically informal. You will gain direct influence on the business results and a very wide network in the organization, among customers and co-operation partners.
Your primary tasks are
• Management and co-ordination of deadlines, technology, quality, financial issues, and HSE in the project execution
• Act as sparring partner and manager for our 6 project managers
• Ensure projects are running smoothly from start to hand-over to customer
• Co-operate and negotiate with customers, authorities, consultants, as well as
subcontractors, suppliers and employees
We expect that you
• Are educated as marine engineer, engineer, civil engineer – possibly supplemented with project management education/training
• Have a minimum of 5 years of international experience from relevant/similar project company or consultant engineers
• Have a sound technical understanding, high integrity and a good sense of how to react in the various situations that you will be in
• Have a high degree of business acumen
• Have a strong personality and the ability to act systematically and create a good overview
• Can motivate employees and partners in a project organization
• Act independently and do what is necessary to achieve results
• See opportunities before limitations, and thrive in an environment that is continuously developing
• Are fluent in English orally as well as in writing
• Are an experienced user of various IT programs
You have a systematic, responsible and extrovert personality. Co-operation, credibility and commitment are your personal strengths that make you achieve your goals. You are equally committed to the day-to-day tasks in a busy setting as you are in staying on-track with long-term improvements of business results.
You want to work independently and make a mark in the development of the business results of SKAKO CONCRETE, and of course you are used to, and able to handle, a good amount of travelling as part of your responsibilities in a global organization. Experience from our industry is an advantage, but applicants from similar positions in other industries are welcomed.
The timing of you joining us can be agreed, and the terms of employment will be according to the Danish Act for salaried employees. Salary, pension scheme and bonus agreement are negotiated based on your qualifications and experience.
For further information, kindly contact:
Technical Director Jens Aalborg Nielsen on mobile + 45 2329 2969 or Proces Support A/S - Per Schorling - on mobile +45 2332 5825.
Please, send your application with your CV and relevant attachments to
email@example.com in pdf format marked “Head of Project Department – SKAKO”.
Deadline of application: 17th May 2013
Interviews: 21st May and 30th May 2013 in Denmark
We evaluate applications continuously.
All applicants are guaranteed full confidentiality.
SKAKO CONCRETE A/S designs, supplies and installs complete concrete mixing plants, and we are global technology and market leaders in our segment.
We offer equipment, automation, know-how and services crucial to the concrete industry. Our solutions are used by well-known customers worldwide, and the turnover is approx. EUR 45 mio. We have sales and project management teams in Faaborg in Denmark, manufacturing in Lille in France, and subsidiaries in the USA and Germany. All in all we are approx. 113 employees in SKAKO CONCRETE A/S. The company is part of SKAKO A/S that also includes SKAKO VIBRATION A/S.